Castle Hotel Wedding Testimonials
- “Best day of our lives in the Castle Hotel” We got married in the Castle Hotel on the 14th of September 2013. Choosing this hotel was the easiest decision we made. From the moment we contacted Vicki Wray, with our enquiry, we were treated as if ours was the only wedding that mattered to the hotel. We had guests travelling from abroad for the wedding and they were stunned at how helpful and welcoming the hotel were. We had a party the night before the wedding to say hello to everyone and it went so smoothly. They even managed to arrange some live music in the bar for us to get everyone in the mood. On the day itself nothing was too much trouble, even to the extent of me waking up the staff early in the morning because I had lost a piece of paper and needed them to find it, scan it and email it to me! The guests were spoiled with little treats left in their rooms. Even though we over ran our schedule by 2 hours it didn't matter at all, every one was relaxed and happy. The quality of food and service was higher than most hotels I have been in. There was always people available to answer any of our questions. Planning a wedding from abroad it tough going but with the help of Vicki, the hotel wedding coordinator, it was made to be very easy and very straight forward. She was always at the end of a phone or email and very prompt and informative in her responses, even when it was things that were well outside the remit of her role!! We stayed an extra night in the hotel after the wedding and were lucky enough to be able to stay in the lovely bridal suite. The hotel presented us with a stunning painting as a gift, of the church we were married in, which was just lovely! I honestly can not recommend this hotel and its staff enough to anyone planning a holiday or a wedding in that area. Reviewed 2 October 2013
- “Best Hotel We've Ever Stayed In” My wife and I were married in Macroom on 1st June 2013 and we chose the Castle Hotel to host the reception and evening party. The hotel had been recommended to us as one of the best places in Ireland to have a small wedding and their reputation is well earned. This is quite simply the best hotel we have ever stayed in. There were 25 of us in total, staying for 3-4 nights each, and every one of our guests commented on the fantastic staff and wonderful service that was provided from start to finish. Our only concern is that they will insist on returning with us for our 1st year anniversary!!! Cannot recommend highly enough. Reviewed 11 June 2013.
- “Dreams of a perfect wedding day and weekend come true” I would like to say that our stay at the Castle Hotel last weekend was among the best experiences of my life. I got married in Gougane Barra, and we decided to have our reception at the Castle Hotel in Macroom. From the first moment I met with the wedding coordinator in January 2012, right up until we checked out on Monday, we could not have had more support and kindness. The staff made us feel like family and were helpful and always friendly. The rooms are clean and the beds very comfortable. The food was some of the best I have ever had, with no shortage of portions!
Obviously planning a wedding implies a slightly different experience than just staying for a night or two. However, I think that whether you are planning your wedding here, or just taking a short break, you could not choose a better location. We had family coming from Canada and the UK and everyone was delighted with the service, food and accommodation. We planned a wedding and dealt with the Castle Hotel consistently over the past seven months, with every visit being a pleasurable experience. I must give a special thank you to Vicki Wray, our wedding coordinator, without whose help I would have gone crazy, and the whole serving staff who made every guest feel very well looked after!
There is not one negative thing I could say about the entire stay at the Castle Hotel, and I cannot wait to go back and visit on our one year anniversary.
Thank you with all our heart.
Erika and Danny.
- “Simply Excellent” I recently stayed at this hotel as part of a wedding party, where the wedding ceremony and reception were also held. On all accounts, I was highly impressed by all aspects. Prior to reviewing the hotel area by area, I must compliment the function manager in the hotel who was incredibly helpful prior to the wedding in assisting me with some required preparation.
Very efficient and friendly with a rundown of the hotel. Immediately offered help regarding wedding ceremony details, and to charge one of my camera batteries, which I stupidly had discharged.
Modern, very clean, well appointed and bright. Bathrooms were absolutely spotless, with a shower with power (very important)
The wedding dinner itself was superb from starter, palette cleanser, main through to dessert. The chef and function manager bent over backwards to help with some specific dietary requirements. The service was second to none. Breakfast was also top notch, with a broad choice of everything you could want including muesli options.... yes muesli options (pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts and so on an so forth). The breakfast room and function room were decorated to a very high standard and again the service was great.
Comfortable, excellent staff, great Guinness, good quality wines and a really good atmosphere.... though that could be down to the wedding party too, but from what I had seen earlier, it seems to be the case all the time.
The pool was very well equipped with a bubble pool and massage jets and a shallow toddler pool. Very clean and a pleasant place to be
It has been a long time since I have been able to say about any establishment that the service was close to perfect. This hotel should be studied as a best of breed for service. Bar, food, reception, management and back of house (kitchen and chamber staff) (which I seldom get a chance to interact with unless I am complaining) should be highly commended. Even in the face of some real belligerence from some guests on check out, they maintained total professionalism, which I must admit I would struggle to do so in this particular case.
You don't even need the excuse to go here... I'd go here if it was located in the bowels of Offaly. let alone the gateway to West Cork. Keep it up.... Reviewed 29 July 2012 on Trip Advisor
- I had my wedding reception in this amazing hotel a few weeks ago, I have never met staff with such genuine kindness and attention to detail. They are so so kind and determined to make our special day even more special. The receptionists knew our names and welcomed our families even all the noisey children! The wedding party was able to have hair and make up done in the hotel and no way was the groom going to meet up with us. They even sent tea/coffee and chocolate bars to the room whilst we were getting our make over. We we came back from the church they were so welcoming. I really cant say enough about this hotel or staff, lovely hotel, fab food and the most genuine staff I have ever met. You are amazing and we will be back really soon for a visit. I would really recommend this hotel for a wedding reception. May 2012 Bride & Groom
- From the moment we came to The Castle Hotel to discuss the booking for our wedding reception, our experience has been one that we will always remember for all the right reasons. Nothing was ever too much trouble and the professionlism, hospitality, friendliness and genuine kindness was evident in all our dealings with every member of staff. We want to specifically express our gratitude to Vicki and Aisling, whose help and support made organising our reception an exciting rather than stressful process. We also wish to thank Kay, for her friendliness and kindness. From the time we arrived, we have been treated like VIP's. There is no where else we would have celebrated our big day! - May 2012 Bride & Groom
- The Castle Hotel is our No. 1 destination hotel! Thank you all so very very much. We wish you continued success with the fantastic jewel in Macroom! We will be telling everyone of the splendor of staing at The Castle Hotel. Full marks to all the staff, it was they who made our experience so utterly superb. - The McRedmonds.
- We sincerely want to thank you Vicki and all the staff at The Castle Hotel, for all your hospitality, and service to us, and both our families before, during and after our wedding. We want to thank you for your attention to detail, care, responsiveness, and star service shown to us from the moment we booked our wedding at The Castle Hotel. All the staff provided a high level of service over the celebrations to us and our guests, and we wish to thank them all for that. A special word of thanks to Derek, he made us all feel so welcome and comfortable in our surroundings. We thank you for the day running so smoothly. The food, service and delivery were impeccable and all our guests had nothing but positive feedback to give on everything. We are already looking forward to coming to visit ye again, and no doubt all of the guests that attended our Wedding will also be back for a visit. We could not have asked for anything more from you.
Jean & Willie x
- To Ronan, from the time you replied to our very first email query, until the end of our stay after our wedding day, you were kind, considerate, helpful and a gem to work with. To all the staff members who worked the weekend of our wedding, thank you for your professionalism, patience and truely wonderful service. Our wedding reception was amazing thanks to all your hard work. We look forward to staying with you again to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary! Sharon & Jason.
- We had a fab time at the castle hotel recently. The staff were superb, rooms were lovely and comfortable and the food was spot on. We had such a great time that we decided to hold our wedding reception there. It was a good choice as it helped to make our day more special. Our families have planned to return as it was so good. You can't go wrong staying here."
- Thank you so much to Ronan, Pat, Gretta and all the staff at The Castle Hotel for making our wedding day so special, Ronan who went out of his way to get my dad to the church, Pat for the wonderful food that everybody is still talking about, Gretta for the most beautiful wedding cake I Have ever seen and all the staff who were so friendly and always on hand to help with anything, on behalf of myself and Les, we are so grateful for the attention to detail everything was perfect, we can't wait to come back next year for our anniversary xxx - Susan Daly Walsh
- It was our honour to start our marriage in a fantastic hotel, the staff , meals , atmosphere and surroundings were spectacular. We're already looking forward to several anniversaries celebrated here in The Castle. Entirely satisfied ! And thanks for the beautiful and thoughtful gift. - Niall and Fiona
- We stayed in the Castle Hotel on the night of our wedding! We held our wedding reception here on the 23rd July 2011. We can not say enough good things about the way we, and our guests were treated! It really is a fantastic hotel.
- All the staff were excellent and very easy to chat to and made us feel at ease and comfortable. Even my mother who is confined to a wheelchair was well catered for and looked after. The food was amazing, and I was just so sad I couldn't finish it all. It was the little details in our guests rooms that touched us, many whom had travelled half way round the world to be with us on our special day.
- We really felt at home there and it was a fantastic way to start our married life!
- A huge hank you to Ronan Fahy and his team for a wonderful wedding day and we look forward to popping in sometime soon. - Trip Advisor comment
- It's not possible to express how grateful we are for the amazing wedding experience we had at your hotel. The kind, thoughtful & meticulous service we were treated to is like nothing I have ever come across before. Our stay & the reception dinner ran so smoothly. The food & the rooms were all top notch. But above all, the excitement, sincerety & the good-natured manner of everyone in the hotel was the icing on the cake of the happiest day of our lives. Thank you all so much! - Lucy & Mark O Mahoney, Bride & Groom.
- We want to thank you all for being so kind and welcoming and making our wedding day very special on May 15th. We found the hotel wonderful, luxurious and comfortable. All of the staff went out of their way to make us feel special and to make our day run smoothly. We will certainly recommend you! - With thanks, Cathal & Niamh Garvey, Bride & Groom.
- It has been over two weeks now and it still only seems like yesterday.
- After Ryan and I finally made it back to the states word started spreading among friends and family that we were married and photo's and news articles were shared. Well, the Chicago NBC affiliate received word of the story and did a piece on us last week. Also, Ryan and I appreciate the ALL the help you provided me in the past 3 months. I said it before and I'll say it again, I couldn't have done it without you! - Regards, Kevin & Ryan (Dunleavy) Ebbesen, Bride & Groom where Groom surprised Bride with proposal followed one hour later by wedding!
- Thanks a million for everything. We really enjoyed our day being treated like royalty. Thanks again - Clive & Carol Bride & Groom.
- It has been the most memorable experience and it's down to JP and the excellent Staff at the Hotel. Everything on our "Big Day" was perfect. The meal was fantastic, (taste & presentation). The accomondation was brilliant and so comfortable. We will be calling again & again - Marguerite & John (Bride & Groom )
- I attended my sisters wedding in the Castle at the beginning of the year. We stayed the night of the wedding & two nights after to unwind and relax after the big day.
- I wonít bore you with the details of the wedding planning, but needless to say that was professional, straight forward and nothing was too much trouble for John-Paul and his team. On arrival from the church we were greeted by champagne, a log fire, and a warm and cosy hotel. Lovely on a winterís day! Staff were professional & courteous and all the guests felt at home.
- Check in was a breeze ñ despite large numbers congregating at the same time. Luggage was looked after & keys given out quickly so no-one missed any of the action downstairs. The rooms were a mix of old and new, and one guest couldnít believe how big her bed was ñ they were thinking that they would not be able to find their partner!
- The wedding breakfast was amazing. Choice of Steak, cooked medium or well, and fish. Sorbets & desserts were gorgeous. The food was of restaurant standard rather that the usual mass produced ëhotel functioní food. We danced the night away until the early hours & there was no sign of the bar ever closing!
- Breakfast the morning after was served until 11am ñ greatly appreciated by all our guests. We were the only people in the hotel so suggested that the staff get a lie in and not start breakfast until 9.30! We stayed on a 3 night B&B and 1 dinner deal and chose to have the dinner that night as some family were also staying on. To our surprise, the group of 20 (after the bride & grooms agreement) were offered the left over wedding wine! Not many hotels would do that as it was doing them out of wine sales! Dinner was lovely, and not a bit of wedding left-overs in sight (I have experienced this in other hotels). Again, the bar showed no signs of closing for residents that night! We retired up to the library in the early hours and John-Paul brought up some chocolate biscuits & crisps should we feel hungry. At this point we started to think that he never went home!
- The third day was a much quieter affair. We all relaxed in front of the fire & took things very easy. All in all, a lovely wedding & and great weekend. I cannot wait to go back. One thing worth noting, all wedding guests staying were offered a discounted weekend or 3 night stay, not the usual inflated prices some hotels charges, and the bride & groom were under no pressure to sell a certain number of rooms to guests. John-Paul and his staff are truly exceptional.
- Many thanks to you and your staff for making us so welcome and providing excellent accommodation, food and all round enjoyable stay on the occasion of our niece's wedding. You and your staff could not have done more, it was as good as staying with family. Fantastic food, great portion sizes, more than enough even for large appetites. Friendly , helpful reception staff, and a manager who joins in the fun, what more could anyone ask for. Our thanks again - Rosemary Nippress.
- Thank you so much for organising such a fantastic wedding. Everything was fabulous, the food, the staff, the decor. Everyone commented on how lovely the hotel was and how obliging you were. Many thanks again. - Jacinta & Niall Bride & Groom.
- Thank you so much for helping to make our daughter Joanne's wedding day a huge success. You were so helpful throughout the entire day and each guest was made to feel welcome and comfortable. We express our sincere gratitude to you and the hotel. - Joe & Collette.
- Thank you most sincerely for all your help and hard work for Patricia and Derek's wedding. The hotel and staff are a credit to you. - Irene - Wedding Planner.